Re: Want suggestion for a microcontroller for capstone univ. project

On Tue, 25 Sep 2007 12:50:35 -0700, Peter Q. wrote:

as much as I enjoy dissemabling old PCs (not really), we are very
short on time, and need something that is readily available. We are
investigating PICs as an option, but heard that it is very hard to
debug them. Hence I came here to ask you guys for some suggestions.

Regards,

PQ

Why take it apart? Unless you are space constrained, using a PC whole
will get you a working microprocessor system very fast. Even an old
laptop running freeDOS or Linux would get you on the road (as it were).

PICs aren't that bad to debug if you get one of the development boards
with a built in JTAG to USB debugger. Any 8-bit processor is going to be
a similar debugging challenge to a PIC, if not worse.

How big is this thing?

--
Tim Wescott
http://www.wescottdesign.com

  • Re: Bullshit by the numbers
    ... I guess some rednecks are stooping to driving Toyotas today. ... Need to learn how to apply control theory in your embedded system? ... "Applied Control Theory for Embedded Systems" by Tim Wescott ...
    (rec.crafts.metalworking)
  • Re: Looking for places to get certified in?
    ... Need to learn how to apply control theory in your embedded system? ... "Applied Control Theory for Embedded Systems" by Tim Wescott ... By sweatshops do you mean local small companies that still do ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: Calculation Operator ">" not ">=" !!
    ... Need to learn how to apply control theory in your embedded system? ... "Applied Control Theory for Embedded Systems" by Tim Wescott ... It's MS Excel 2003 add-in Solver module. ...
    (sci.math.num-analysis)
  • Re: Please help!!
    ... Ask your instructor -- I'm sure he/she has one. ... Need to learn how to apply control theory in your embedded system? ... "Applied Control Theory for Embedded Systems" by Tim Wescott ...
    (sci.electronics.basics)
  • Re: Understanding high speed digitizer parameters
    ... I've been trying to understand spec sheets for high speed digitizers ... Need to learn how to apply control theory in your embedded system? ... "Applied Control Theory for Embedded Systems" by Tim Wescott ...
    (comp.dsp)