Re: Electrical schematic entry software / Subcontracting cabling

stijnvanorbeek@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Do you also send netlists ?

No, we send a electrical schematic and photographs of a prototype.

What sort of errors do they make - incorrect nets, or incorrect wire
stub lengths, or incorrect crimp details ?

All sorts of errors, they sometimes wire a circular corrector in the
wrong directions, they insert the male contacts into female
connectors, mistake black/white and white/black wires.. I could
offcoarse blame the subcontractor, but i think that sometimes they
just don't know howto.

A good SCH Entry program, with some simple library effort
and reports, should make this less confusing ?

ie

** Netnames can be the wire colour codes,
** Nett Attributes can include mfg comments
** Stub dimensioning arrows/text can come from the librtary as
2D combined lines/text
** Connector Attributes can expand to include Terminal.CrimpType
** Connector Attributes can expand to include Terminal.WireSize

ok. I agree. Maybe is should include much more details. I take it for
granted that they use the correct terminal for a certain wire size..
Maybe i should add much more details.

You can never give too much information :)

Certainly a netist would help, and if the connector housing has
clearly stamped numbers, use those, or a simple end-view
(clear for which end, of course! )

On the cables we get, they supply us their manufacturing drawing,
and in most cases, also a sample they built.

They _should_ have this, as what if you order a second batch ?
- they also should generate a unique part number for each drawing revision, and the drawing should be unambigious.

Our asian supplier is pretty good, but we caught them a couple of
times not revising drawing/part codes for changes.
The drawing had RevJ signed off, but the part number, and drawing name, did not change.

They number all connectors, and have a simple matrix table of colours,
and pin-pairs.

-jg

  • Re: Electrical schematic entry software / Subcontracting cabling
    ... stub lengths, or incorrect crimp details? ... they sometimes wire a circular corrector in the ... ** Connector Attributes can expand to include Terminal.CrimpType ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: Tech Please help LOTR LE problems
    ... I proved this by spinning my shaker on Coil Test. ... I think this connector is listed in the manual at pg. ...  Remember the wire colors are different for the LE ... CPU board or on the PD board? ...
    (rec.games.pinball)
  • Re: Foxconn 661FXME IT DOESNT POWER UP
    ... The second power connector, is for the processor. ... you also need to wire up the power button ... You can rotate the pin pair ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
  • Re: nighthawk 550 electrical problem
    ... The battery voltage before I put it in the bike is ... But, even if the open circuit test proves the stator is OK, it still ... I am really not sure which wire is what otherwise. ... will go to one connector on the RR unit. ...
    (rec.motorcycles.tech)
  • Re: Tech Please help LOTR LE problems
    ... I proved this by spinning my shaker on Coil Test. ...  Remember the wire colors are different for the LE ... The Grey/Yel wire on the connector in pic 7of10 is a 50v coil power. ...  As the shaker motor ...
    (rec.games.pinball)