Re: stack heap and dynamic memory allocation

On Nov 15, 8:38 pm, vivek <gvivek2...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
iam new to C and experienced with assembly language programming.

Typically in embedded C, which data is stored in heap?

If there are various threads/process like ADC, communication etc..when
switching between different process where is the data being stored
(stack or heap).

From where is this space for stack or heap allocated. Is it in RAM or
elsewhere?

-VIVEK

Stack and heap are implementation specific.

You may want to look it up from your embedded platform's C reference
manual. Which CPU and OS are you using?

  • Re: How does managed code work?
    ... Does it work the same way as the native stack with a frame pointer that is the head of a linked list of stack frames where each time we enter a function we create a new stack frame in which new variables are pushed and each time we exit a function the entire stack frame is popped? ... Can someone point me to a discussion of the managed heap? ... How does it prevent memory leaks that occur in COM when two objects reference each other and keep the others reference count nonzero? ... Because objects don't go out of scope, ...
  • Re: Groovy (war Re: [PROST]Re: CDC Plugin fuer Eclipse)
    ... Warum müsste man continuations erlauben Stackvariablen in den Heap zu verschieben? ... Ein activation record speichert die Parameter und lokalen Variablen der Funktion und eine Information, ... Da diese activation records klassischerweise auf einem Stack verwaltet werden, kann man hier Stackspace sparen - Endrekursion ist damit genauso effizient wie eine klassische Iteration mit einem Sprung. ...
    (de.comp.lang.java)
  • Re: Please Explain where will the struct be stored if it is declared inside the Class
    ... forget about structs for a second. ... can be stored either on the stack, or on the heap. ... First, think about the stack. ... A struct would act exactly the same as any of these decimals and ints. ...
  • Re: Is MSDN wrong? or I made a mistake? about static member function
    ... the heap" or some such reference. ... shouldn't we have a uniform notation? ... You can tell a heap object from a stack object by ... the result of trying to build a compiler on a tiny computer by someone who wasn't a very ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.mfc)
  • Re: Stack, Heap, Mfc
    ... >> is put on the heap. ... >> decendant does this not mean that all memory will be on the heap because ... > stack or the heap. ... You first try to limit the recursion to an acceptable ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.mfc)