Re: code optimization in embedded systems

Wilco Dijkstra <Wilco_dot_Dijkstra@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I wouldn't consider intermediate code being "close to the target". Quite often it
is a "three-address code" in SSA form. Your other statements apply, of course.

Most targets use 3-address instructions or a subset thereof, so it is
a good match. In a compiler I worked on the intermediate code could
represent almost every feature of the target, including some of the
more complex features like conditional execution and addressing modes.
So even for CISC targets you'd be close to final code.

Ok. I have to admit, that I don't have experience about such a
situation. Since you seem to have more knowledge about these things,
would it be impossible to review my project:

http://koti.welho.com/jsaari88/compiler.html

Just in case that I'm not on the wrong track.. with 20kV..

--
Jyrki Saarinen
http://koti.welho.com/jsaari88/

.