Re: Embedded Linux and PCI (over AT91?)

Thanks for your answers. Now,

On Dec 29, 12:07 am, Arlet Ottens <usene...@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Have you considered getting an ARM9 with integrated high speed USB ?

For instance:

http://www2.okisemi.com/site/productscatalog/mcumpu/availabledocs/Int...- Hide quoted text -

Not this specific chip (which looks like it has a USB peripheral port
and not a host), but I did have a peek on Freescale's i.MX27/i.MX31
and TI's DaVinci (TMS320DM6446). They also have some added value
regarding video compression, and their price is high but OK. But while
these chips have official Linux support, they don't appear to have a
Linux community backing them up, which means using Linux without
Linux' main advantage.

Anyhow, this doesn't address the original issue of flexibility. Which
brings me to