Re: looking for hardware source

mail.encoding@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 04/01/08 22:24 MET:

I'm coming from the software part of computing and have
very limited experience with the hardware part. When I tried
to find the hardware for an embedded system (see below) the
cheapest I could find was in the US$ 520 area.

Might one of the routerboard fit your needs:
<http://www.routerboard.com/comparison.html>

What I'm not sure about is if they've got a temperature sensor on-board.

--
MfG / Regards
Friedrich Lobenstock

  • Re: looking for hardware source
    ... very limited experience with the hardware part. ... to find the hardware for an embedded system the ... cheapest I could find was in the US$ 520 area. ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: Signed and unsigned integer literals
    ... plenty of computing in the old days with bytes of other lengths. ... Convince hardware vendors to scrap the microcontrollers (most ... hardware protocols are on-chip). ... This is the semantics of ABS? ...
    (comp.lang.misc)
  • Re: Language Oriented Programming
    ... One must necessarily manipulate the business abstractions in a manner that provides optimization in terms of the hardware models. ... But the only way that can be done is if the DSL itself is sufficiently abstract so that it is independent of local computing environments. ... make life a whole lot easier for the software developer. ... That's a trade-off between short-term developer cost vs. long-term cost ...
    (comp.object)
  • Compiler positions available for week ending January 29
    ... advertise a position having something to do with compilers and must also ... performance computing technologies. ... hardware resource utilisation. ... You'll be working at the forefront of embedded and hardware technologies, ...
    (comp.compilers)
  • Re: Free UNIX for non-commerical use.
    ... Because one can learn a lot about *real* computing for very little ... be reluctant to purchase software that does not run under an OSS ... >> the majority of hardware useful long after its expected service life. ... It is variable over time and the nature of the student in question. ...
    (comp.unix.aix)