RS232 to RS485 conversion, RTS as control line.

Hi people,

I am using a MAX3221 IC to convert RS232 to TTL and MAX3465 full
duplex IC to convert TTL to RS485. Shorted TX+, RX+ and TX-, RX- for 2-
wire RS485 protocol.
RTS line is used for controlling enable of max3465. DE and ~RE are
given to TTL RTS.
But the RTS always remains high.. so for max3465 driver will be always
enabled.......
So how the receiver portion will work, because RTS doesn't go low.....
I am using none option in hyperterminal for flow control. How do i use
software control...???
To check using loopback...i am giving 2-wire rs485 o/p to another 2-
wire rs485 (+ to + and - to -) to rs232 converter. then looping back
rs232 tx-rx. will this work?
I am not getting loopback or any data.
Please let me know if you have any inputs.
Thanks.

  • Re: RS232 to RS485 conversion, RTS as control line.
    ... I am using a MAX3221 IC to convert RS232 to TTL and MAX3465 full ... RTS line is used for controlling enable of max3465. ... I am using none option in hyperterminal for flow control. ... Not all transceivers switch instantly. ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: Wiring Ear-clip HR monitor to DB9
    ... If I have a stereo cable, with the ground, the red wire, and the white ... Currently I'm using DSR for cadence, CTS for speed, DTR for common ... and then I attach a 4k7 resister from DSR to RTS ...
    (sci.electronics.basics)