Re: Why?

rickman wrote:

I don't get it. What is the motivation to causing the newsgroups to
be flooded with these nonsense messages? Is this one of those things
where people do it because they can?

This periodic flood is making this group nearly worthless to me. It
is hard to find the threads in the midst of the debris and it can be
even harder to find valid messages withing a thread.

I assume there are no solutions to this, right? Or is there a way to
filter out the nonsense?

I am not sure what you are currently seeing since I am getting a clean
feed at the moment; earlier this week there was a little 'sporge'
leaking through for me but now it is gone. My provider is 'supernews.com';
perhaps suggesting a change in providers to your ISP may be in order?

Regards,

Michael

  • Re: Why?
    ... rickman wrote: ... be flooded with these nonsense messages? ... Like an earlier poster, I now use news.individual.net at 10 Euro per annum, and never have to sight it again. ... Another advantage for me, as I travel a little, this news feed can be picked on by my EEE-PC baby note book from anywhere, as long as I have a net connection. ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: IMBECILE ROBIN HOOD CERTAINLY TAKES THE CAKE
    ... El Paredon wrote: ... > His provider in Utah has been notified. ... Anyone who can post 10,000 nonsense messages on the internet ...
    (soc.culture.jewish)
  • Re: Why?
    ... be flooded with these nonsense messages? ... This periodic flood is making this group nearly worthless to me. ... filter out the nonsense? ... I suspect it may be a way of testing ways of overcoming spam-blocking ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)