Off-the-shelf temperature controller modules

I'm looking for a small embedded controller module which can interface
directly to a thermocouple (K-type, I think) and provide about 16 lines
of digital I/O to drive control switches and LED displays. We're
currently using DIN-cased PID controllers but they're overkill for this
project (pricewise as well as capability and complexity) and designing a
dedicated control unit may be to our advantage, if we can keep it simple
enough to be cheap.

We figure PIC, 8051 or similar will be smart enough to do the job. Can
anyone recommend something off-the-shelf that would suit us?
--
To reply, my gmail address is nojay1 Robert Sneddon

  • Re: Off-the-shelf temperature controller modules
    ... Regarding the thermocouple input: ... for interfacing a K-type thermocouple. ... do the job we want (liquid bath temperature control in the range 35 deg ... Thermocouples are available off-the-shelf already packaged and proven ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: I would like to control temperature.
    ... Acq Thermocouple Sample.vi (Hardware Input and ... how to make temperature measurements using a thermocouple. ... control loop using Analog Input and Analog Output. ...
    (comp.lang.labview)
  • Re: Help setting up OMRON PID Controller
    ... >I'm a complete newbie to control systems. ... >I just got an OMRON temperature controller, ... >PID actually is. ... I you want to use the thermocouple PID system, ...
    (sci.engr.control)
  • Re: Cistern heating problem?
    ... above ground insulated cistern that ... So we need a thermocouple we put into the ... I'll design and market one. ... Control your sump pump with a 120VAC relay powered by a ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: Help setting up OMRON PID Controller
    ... >I'm a complete newbie to control systems. ... >I just got an OMRON temperature controller, ... A thermocouple is two wired made of different metals connected to each ... Omeron's manuals are not easy for someone inexperienced to use. ...
    (sci.engr.control)