Re: Software's evil

On Mar 27, 9:25 pm, CBFalconer wrote:
larwe wrote:
Remember the de Havilland Comet? Remember how difficult it was to get
people to board them even once the bugs were fixed?

However they are still flying, I believe (or were very recently).
They just don't do passenger traffic; they became cargo devices.
Their eventual record was very good.

The military variant, Nimrod, is still in use and is expected to be
until at least 2020 which would be more than 70 years after the first
Comet flight.

Paul

  • Re: you know its too hot when
    ... These bugs have a nasty habit of ... flying overhead in our houses causing much yelling from the womenfolk ... flying insects at bay. ...
    (rec.food.cooking)
  • Re: you know its too hot when
    ... These bugs have a nasty habit of ... flying overhead in our houses causing much yelling from the womenfolk ... Mine earn their keep best by keeping flying insects at bay. ...
    (rec.food.cooking)
  • Re: swooping swallows
    ... And they're catching those bugs while flying? ... > not choice but to keep ducking. ...
    (rec.birds)
  • Re: swooping swallows
    ... And they're catching those bugs while flying? ... > choice but to keep ducking. ...
    (rec.birds)