Re: Cheapest object sensor on the market!

raedarrar wrote:
On Apr 6, 2:38 pm, "raedarrar" <i...@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
You are not telling us what to do with the hand wavings. If you
are
using it to turn on the device, false triggers (room lighting
changes)
might not matter. If you are using it to count votes, then it does
matter.
Every time the device detects object in this case hands or fingers,
need
it to count votes as long as its on. any advice?
More questions:
1. Is the device fixed or movable?
2. Can it use motion sensors?
3. How many digits of countings?

$3 to $5 would be doable. $1 is wishful thinking.

1. Will be fixed.
2. Yes. this what i am looking for.
3. max. 9 votes counts, so its a 1 digit LCD.

I already have a solution that will go for &1.80 but i need a $1
selling
price as it will be a disposable item for a life span of 30 to 50 hours
of
use.

The main question would be: $1 at what quantity per month? I assume you
mean parts cost without PCB but with SMT assembly (in China).

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

100,000 for 1st. order, see the estimated break down;

0.25 for PCB with assembly in china most probably.
0.25 for LCD
0.50 for Micro
0.25 Coin Batteries or Solar cell.

Now the challenge is to find a solution for $0.80. I need some one to
simplify the idea as its a disposable item.

They have mentioned "down below" to drive the glass directly from the
MSP430 in order not to use a sensor module to cut down the cost!!

do you have another option?

  • Re: Cheapest object sensor on the market!
    ... mean parts cost without PCB but with SMT assembly (in China). ... MSP430 in order not to use a sensor module to cut down the cost!! ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: Cheapest object sensor on the market!
    ... Can it use motion sensors? ... so its a 1 digit LCD. ... mean parts cost without PCB but with SMT assembly (in China). ... sequencer, analog to digital converter, segment decoder and analog ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)