Re: What is your favorite PCB software?

On Mon, 07 Apr 2008 09:19:52 -0500, "Joel" <joelbenway@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Just curious about what everyone uses. I've been using Orcad PCB editor.

I've been using Eagle for more than 5 years now. A little tricky to
use it. You don't select an object, and then choose what to do with
it. You first select what you want to do, and then you select objects
to apply that action to. That is a little odd at the beginning, but
once you get used to it, you work faster.

Copy&Paste and Cut&Paste are somewhat odd. Cadsoft should improve
that.

The C scripting language that it includes is very powerful. For
instance, if you need to place pads for LEDs, tracks, etc, with
circular symmetry (every 22.5º, for instance), you can easily program
that. By hand, it would by a hell, not to say impossible.

Best,
Jon

  • Re: What is your favorite PCB software?
    ... I've been using Eagle for more than 5 years now. ... A little tricky to ... Copy&Paste and Cut&Paste are somewhat odd. ... circular symmetry, you can easily program ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: What is your favorite PCB software?
    ... I've been using Eagle for more than 5 years now. ... A little tricky to ... Copy&Paste and Cut&Paste are somewhat odd. ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: What is your favorite PCB software?
    ... I've been using Eagle for more than 5 years now. ... Copy&Paste and Cut&Paste are somewhat odd. ... I tried Eagle and the oddities of the UI were rather tricky to ... the 16 LEDs and copying them to the parts. ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: What is your favorite PCB software?
    ... I've been using Eagle for more than 5 years now. ... I tried Eagle and the oddities of the UI were rather tricky to ... As to the scripting, I have thought scripting could be useful, but I ... the 16 LEDs and copying them to the parts. ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: What is your favorite PCB software?
    ... just as tricky to learn the second time! ... With version 5.0 of EAGLE some of this is alleviated. ... that I think Allan got very right when he wrote FreePCB is the scroll ... be a tricky thing to make work correctly, ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)