Re: What is your favorite PCB software?

On Mon, 07 Apr 2008 09:19:52 -0500, "Joel" <joelbenway@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Just curious about what everyone uses. I've been using Orcad PCB editor.

I've been using Eagle for more than 5 years now. A little tricky to
use it. You don't select an object, and then choose what to do with
it. You first select what you want to do, and then you select objects
to apply that action to. That is a little odd at the beginning, but
once you get used to it, you work faster.

Copy&Paste and Cut&Paste are somewhat odd. Cadsoft should improve
that.

The C scripting language that it includes is very powerful. For
instance, if you need to place pads for LEDs, tracks, etc, with
circular symmetry (every 22.5º, for instance), you can easily program
that. By hand, it would by a hell, not to say impossible.

Best,
Jon
.