Re: mixing C and assembly

Walter Banks wrote:

Neil wrote:

Walter Banks wrote:
Vladimir Vassilevsky wrote:

You have to resort to assembly in the two special cases:

1. The system level work like switching the contexts of the tasks, C
startup code, etc.

2. The parts of code where the performance is very critical.
In your second point I would qualify it to parts of code
requiring exact timing on anything that we have released
recently that seems to be the only limitation.

Do not forget the startup code

Our startup code is in C.

w..

I am not sure how that works. I am talking about the code that jumps to main after setting up the C environment.

  • Re: mixing C and assembly
    ... The system level work like switching the contexts of the tasks, ... startup code, etc. ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: mixing C and assembly
    ... The system level work like switching the contexts of the tasks, ... Do not forget the startup code ... There are small bits of the startup that must be in assembler. ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: mixing C and assembly
    ... The system level work like switching the contexts of the tasks, ... Do not forget the startup code ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: mixing C and assembly
    ... Walter Banks wrote: ... The system level work like switching the contexts of the tasks, ... Do not forget the startup code ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: mixing C and assembly
    ... The system level work like switching the contexts of the tasks, ... Do not forget the startup code ... There are small bits of the startup that must be in assembler (I use ... I've written the startup code in C on the SDCC compiler and the small ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)