Re: gcc-toolchain for freescale's MC9S12X (68HCS12) ??

Grant Edwards wrote:
On 2008-05-29, David Brown <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

gcc provides better syntax checking than any other compiler I have tried. However, I don't believe there is a gcc port for the 68HCS12 -

Yes there is.

if such a thing exists, it would only be as a minor partial port.

What do you mean by a "minor partial port"? It's in the
mainline gcc source tree, and it seemed to work fine for me.
The code it generated was far better than the last commercial
6811 compiler I used.

Sorry, I was thinking of the 8-bit Motorola/Freescale devices, not the 16-bit devices. So I got that one completely wrong.
.