Re: ST Microelectronics STM8 Programmer?

Havent used this with the STM8 myself yet, but I have always found this to be a decent tool:

http://www.raisonance.com/products/RLink.php

I work on ST support for a disty, so will have a look over the next week...

Martin.

"David T. Ashley" <dta@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:U-mdnQqFHb4xJtvVnZ2dnUVZ_h_inZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
We are contemplating using the STM8 for a high-volume automotive application.

We haven't been able to find a good end-of-line programming solution. We typically program our microcontrollers after the circuit boards are fully assembled.

For the Freescale parts, we've been using, we had good luck with P&E Micro's Cyclone Pro:

http://www.pemicro.com/products/product_viewDetails.cfm?product_id=1&CFID=305902&CFTOKEN=65226101

But we haven't found a good SWIM programmer for the STM8.

I welcome all ideas.

Thanks a lot.

--
David T. Ashley (dta@xxxxxxxx)
http://www.e3ft.com (Consulting Home Page)

  • ST Microelectronics STM8 Programmer?
    ... We haven't been able to find a good end-of-line programming solution. ... typically program our microcontrollers after the circuit boards are fully ... But we haven't found a good SWIM programmer for the STM8. ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: ST Microelectronics STM8 Programmer?
    ... "CBFalconer" wrote in message ... provide error handling and pass/fail handling. ... The STM8 must be ... stand alone programming is not ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: ST STM8 Now supported by IAR Embedded Workbench
    ... support for all devices in the STM8A, STM8L, and STM8S families. ... There are two compilers on the market and both are pretty ... the case of Raisonance, the same user interface RIDE7 supports pretty ... The other mature compiler for the STM8 is from Cosmic. ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)