Re: Any recommendations for audio player microcontrollers?

On Jun 8, 12:08 pm, "Martin Davey" <m...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Hoi,

I have worked on a few audio reference designs over the past few years with
my company.

We have an ST7 based WAV file player, but it uses external M25Pxx memory to
hold the data. Works up to 32kHz. Low cost option, and sounds quite good.
Have also written some PC WAV file converter and ROM builder software to
accompany
this.

Microchip have an ADPCM solution (free if you use their devices).

If you want to go for higher quality, less memory storage then I have an
STR9 based MP3 player based on Helix MP3 routines, and EFSL filesystem
(SD-card).

Am working on ogg vobis now. Although CPU is struggling, need to add
FreeRTOS and do some optimizing...

Let me know if you want schematics / code, and I will send...

Cheers,

Martin.

"Hoi Wong" <wong...@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

I'm trying to build a small device that instantly plays one of many short
audio clips stored in memory on user's command.

Does anybody know any easy to program microcontroller that integrates all
the needs below?

1. GPIO (8 pins will be enough)
2. Built in memory (external is OK as long as it's easy to hook up)
3. Directly drives small loudspeakers (0.5W).

The audio quality doesn't have to be good. 22kHz audio will be more than
enough.

Thanks!.

Cheers,
Hoi- Hide quoted text -

http://www.teuthis.com/html/daisy_mp3.html

  • Re: Any recommendations for audio player microcontrollers?
    ... I have worked on a few audio reference designs over the past few years with my company. ... We have an ST7 based WAV file player, but it uses external M25Pxx memory to ... Have also written some PC WAV file converter and ROM builder software to accompany ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: Wavread a large file
    ... > i'm trying to extract 1 channel from a stereo wave file. ... > The problem is both method casues OUT OF MEMORY. ... > Is there any other ways to read the wav file? ...
    (comp.soft-sys.matlab)
  • waveOutOpen Out of Memory Error
    ... ID and the play a WAV file through the mode. ... I am using Tapi 1.4 for this. ... memory available for this task. ...
    (microsoft.public.vb.winapi)
  • Del Tredici: In Memory of a Summer Day / movements?
    ... Memory of a Summer Day," not least because Amazon sellers were asking in the ... range of $50 - $135 for the long-gone Nonesuch CD. ... I ripped the track into a WAV file, and made a pilgrimage to the nearby ...
    (rec.music.classical.recordings)
  • downmix wave file from stereo to mono
    ... Today I got a simple job to convert a 600MB stereo .wav file to mono .wav ... seems trying to load the whole wave file into memory. ... I think there must be some handy tools can do this. ... On audio port directory ...
    (freebsd-questions)