Re: Simple but reliable checksum for small controllers

Andrew Jackson schrieb:

Something like a Fletcher checksum is quick to calculate and better than
a "plain" checksum.

Fletcher (16 or perhaps 32 bit) sounds really good, I didn't knew this
method before.

Thanks,
Tilmann

  • Re: Fletcher Checksum Question
    ... >>>Fletcher isnt flawed, but it has limitations, as does any checksum. ... I'm upset that they used Fletcher ... >to define the error model to make a comparison. ... any 16-bit CRC will catch bursts of no ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Fletcher Checksum Question
    ... I'm upset that they used Fletcher ... Im sure youre right that CRC ... >The checksum is being used to check the integrity of a data file. ... they always assume the attacker knows what ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Fletcher Checksum Question
    ... > The Fletcher function I have is coded this way (for clarity, ... other programs which calculate *real* the fletcher checksum. ... > I realize these values wont match. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Fletcher Checksum Question
    ... The checksum is being used to check the integrity of a data file. ... nothing at all whatsoever to do with communications systems. ... For my purposes, Fletcher is great. ... Using only a 16 bit Fletcher or Adler checksum would not be nearly as good. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Fletcher Checksum Question
    ... The Fletcher function I have is coded this way (for clarity, ... I realize these values wont match. ... two-byte "Fletch-16" function which returns a 32 byte checksum. ...
    (sci.crypt)