Re: How workable is Vista?

EventHelix.com wrote:
On Jun 16, 8:53 pm, rickman <gnu...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have been looking to buy a new computer for a bit and I had just
about decided on a Windows XP based system from Dell. Today I called
them and found that not only are they not going to sell XP machines
after tomorrow, but the orders are flooding in! It seems pretty crazy
to me that if XP is still that popular, they would stop selling it.
Is this something mandated by MicroSoft?

So the question is, is Vista ready for prime time? I have heard
nothing but bad about it and I know that a lot of software vendors
have yet to support it... at least the last time I looked. Are the
rumors true of Vista being a PITA or just plain incompatible? Is it
time to switch to Linux?

What experiences have people had with Vista?

Rick

Vista is OK performance wise but it is incompatible with older
programs like Visual C++ 6.0.

Here's a list that I found:

http://www.iexbeta.com/wiki/index.php/Windows_Vista_Software_Compatibility_List#Heavy_Problems.2C_Currently_Incompatible

You do need at least 2 GB of RAM for decent performance.

That's reason number xx why I don't have Vista. It's pathetic to need so much RAM.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.