Government regulations

I have done work before for government contractors, but I have never
had to handle any paperwork that is typically required of larger
corporations. I currently am supplying boards with an annual dollar
value that will total more than a threshold that appears to be set not
by government regulation, but by a company who is acting as a middle
man in the procurement process. As such, they are asking me to make
certifications, comply with regulations and provide "reports"
according to:

41 C.F.R. § 60-1.4(a), or its successors
41 C.F.R. § 60-1.4(d)
41 C.F.R. § 60-1.7, or its successors
41 C.F.R. § 61-250.10
41 C.F.R. § 61-300.10, or its successors
41 C.F.R. § 60-300.5(a)
41 C.F.R. § 60-300.5(d)
41 C.F.R. § 60-741.5(a)
41 C.F.R. § 60-741.5(d)

I have looked at a couple of these and they seem pretty innocuous
except for the parts that talk about reports and including the same
language in any "contract" that I make with others. I don't think I
have the pull to get my vendors to sign anything other than the checks
I mail them.

At least one of these exempts companies that have fewer than some
number of employees, so I would have an out there. But others don't
seem to have that.

This seems rather an onerous burden for a small company to bear.
Anyone here have experience with this sort of thing? Is there a
general escape clause for very small companies or do we still have to
add to our overhead these forms and regulations?

The whole reason that I was able to bid and win this contract was
because of my low overhead. It seems counter productive to add this
sort of burden to it.

Rick

  • Re: Interesting returns policy
    ... "The postage is combined into the purchase price therefore you will be ... consumer under or in relation to the contract to the person by whom it ... No contract or T's&C's can override the DSR's as the Regulations ...
    (uk.people.consumers.ebay)
  • Re: Returning/refund bicycle problems
    ... >> canceling the contract under the Distance Selling Regulations? ... where a term of the contract provides that the consumer ... must return any goods supplied if he cancels the contract under ...
    (uk.legal)
  • Re: Can I return a laptop I bought online?
    ... Selling) Regulations 2000 require that the effect of cancelling the contract ... that has not been tested in Court, I would have no doubt that installing the ... They are a supplier and this is a distance contract, ...
    (uk.legal)
  • Re: Bank charge refunds on business accounts
    ... excessive bank charges relating to business accounts too? ... The "Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations" ... principle in contract law that a party who suffers breach of contract can ...
    (uk.finance)