Government regulations

I have done work before for government contractors, but I have never
had to handle any paperwork that is typically required of larger
corporations. I currently am supplying boards with an annual dollar
value that will total more than a threshold that appears to be set not
by government regulation, but by a company who is acting as a middle
man in the procurement process. As such, they are asking me to make
certifications, comply with regulations and provide "reports"
according to:

41 C.F.R. § 60-1.4(a), or its successors
41 C.F.R. § 60-1.4(d)
41 C.F.R. § 60-1.7, or its successors
41 C.F.R. § 61-250.10
41 C.F.R. § 61-300.10, or its successors
41 C.F.R. § 60-300.5(a)
41 C.F.R. § 60-300.5(d)
41 C.F.R. § 60-741.5(a)
41 C.F.R. § 60-741.5(d)

I have looked at a couple of these and they seem pretty innocuous
except for the parts that talk about reports and including the same
language in any "contract" that I make with others. I don't think I
have the pull to get my vendors to sign anything other than the checks
I mail them.

At least one of these exempts companies that have fewer than some
number of employees, so I would have an out there. But others don't
seem to have that.

This seems rather an onerous burden for a small company to bear.
Anyone here have experience with this sort of thing? Is there a
general escape clause for very small companies or do we still have to
add to our overhead these forms and regulations?

The whole reason that I was able to bid and win this contract was
because of my low overhead. It seems counter productive to add this
sort of burden to it.

Rick
.