Re: eee pc? no eee box!

"rickman" <gnuarm@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:ee9fe2e9-f4c0-4e40-baba-5aab7ccec5cd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I don't get what you are freaking out about. Yes, they come in
different sizes, but you can buy what you want and what will work.

And now try to envision that you are running a company and your customers
orders 250 of your system that takes a USB stick.
What do you prefer to do? Get out of your office, spending two days visiting
about every retailer in your area trying to get 250 sticks that fit into
your appliance or spend 10 minutes preparing a PO and simply fax it to your
trusted supplier to order 250 CF cards that fit?

That is what professionals are freaking about.....

I have no idea what you are picturing. I am seeing a device on a
piece of metal with a strap across it holding it flat. I guess you
are picturing a typical PC with the USB device sticking out like a
diving board. Again, if you want to imagine something that won't
work, then it won't work. The original point was that the makers of
this small PC could have built in a space (much smaller than a CF
card) that would accept a USB stick or an SD card and hold it
securely. It is getting pretty silly to say this can't work.

If you design for production, you appreciate what standardisation does for
you. And USB sticks don't fit that world...
CF OTOH (and SD) do.

Meindert

  • Re: 2.6.33-rc7 problems usb CF
    ... Concerning the problems in the non working card reader. ... USB) ... Stock kernel but not with my config. ... # CPUFreq processor drivers ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: explorer.exe freezes
    ... I think the thing to do here is replace my card for starters. ... early versions of USB were much slower than USB 2. ... I've had this card for about 3 years, before the USB connection ... slowest way to connect to the internet. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: BUFFALO WLI-U2-KG54-AI USB adaptor stopped being recognized
    ... additional power supply; ... cannot deliver the 500 associated with a normal USB port. ... communicating at USB1.1 with the laptop itself. ... I'd still appreciate your advice on choosing the right card though. ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)
  • Printer problems....
    ... I did save the recently bought USB adapter card though. ... I have seen someone plug something into a hole in the box with ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: Rugged USB card?
    ... Does anyone know of a super-rugged USB card with four or more USB ... The USB3 card I got at Fry's has a power supply connector pin. ... Molex connector on it. ...
    (sci.electronics.design)