Re: MAX3421E to PIC18F4550

On Jan 11, 12:16 pm, "urefowei" <urefo...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
We place 4 small vias to secure the pad of a 64pins QFN, then tin it
with some solder on top, before placing the chip on it.  We have a few
hundreds of them in use, and they are holding so far.  The device is
subject to around 50g on impact during field test.

whats best to use??
i mean, the PCB..
what particular PCB is best suited for our design especially dealing with
a TQFP..?

I can't say I understand the question. What types of PCB do you think
there are?

You can have a custom PWB made which will cost a few bucks, but
typically not prohibitive. You will then need to solder a TQFP, but
that can be done by hand with a moderate amount of skill. If you
don't want to pay the money for a custom PWB, you can buy adapters
that will let you solder the TQFP on it and will then fit a 0.1"
spaced perf board either for point to point wiring or wire wrap. If
the soldering is a problem, you can get people to do the soldering for
you.

The last few posts before yours were discussing soldering leadless
chips such as QFN packages. These tend to be very small pitch and
have no leads, so that it can be a bit tricky to get good solder
joints without paste, but it can be done. But a TQFP is a leaded part
which is much easier to work with.

Is this what you are asking? Am I misunderstanding your question?

Rick

  • Re: Tech: Gottlieb Black Hole HELP !
    ... them in a socket or how they are now? ... and I had to replace a Black Hole display chip recently. ... free from solder. ... Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31http://www.Team-EM.comhttp://webpages.charter.net/chibler/Pinball/ind...The Place to go for Pinball Repair Info ...
    (rec.games.pinball)
  • Re: The Floating Socket Trick
    ... We had a mainframe in our shop that had magnetic core memory, ... The military in general has gotten away from sockets where-ever ... you just solder the ic directly to the board, ... us clip out the chip & solder the new chip directly to the old chips ...
    (rec.games.pinball)
  • Re: Tech: Gottlieb Black Hole HELP !
    ... them in a socket or how they are now? ... and I had to replace a Black Hole display chip recently. ... free from solder. ... Thanks to Chris Hibler, my BH is up and running again. ...
    (rec.games.pinball)
  • Re: Tech: Gottlieb Black Hole HELP !
    ... them in a socket or how they are now? ... and I had to replace a Black Hole display chip recently. ... and desolder what remains of the cut pins until you've got ... free from solder. ...
    (rec.games.pinball)
  • Re: Favorite SMD chip removal method
    ... dissolves regular solder and stays molten long enough that you can run ... your iron around the edge of the chip* and flip the chip off the board. ... One way is to use the knive backwards, it scrapes a little lead off each time you scrape down the row, and soon the leads are separated from the body. ... If I have to pull a bunch of chips, I make a desoldering tool from a block of copper bar. ...
    (sci.electronics.design)