Re: Guarantee Critical Regions in Portable code. Portable Semaphores?

George Neuner wrote:

.... snip ...

Microsoft has/had patents on the FAT implementations too and those
covered the 8.3 naming scheme. I'm not positive, but I think I
remember seeing that they have let the FAT12 and FAT16 patents lapse.

There is no such thing as 'letting patents lapse'. They are
issued, and are valid for the patent time (set by law) or until a
court declares that patent invalid. As I said before, I suspect
any MS patents on the LFN systems have or are about to expire.

Try the download section.