Re: I need to write a command protocol divided in 3 layers

On 2009-04-30, Chris H <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
In message <49f9fc17$0$90265$14726298@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, billy

I need to write a command protocol divided in 3 layers. A data
link layer, a network layer and an upper layer.

[...]

They are going to send signals (reguests, indications and
confirmation).

What is the best way to write the signaling?

Is it September already ?

It's always September somewhere...

--
Grant Edwards grante Yow! Uh-oh!! I'm having
at TOO MUCH FUN!!

  • Re: Altium Designer 6 multilayer routing problem
    ... I would be suspicious that the rule only allowing digital signals in the ... I have a 4 layer + 2 power plane mixed-signal PCB with SMD components ... I placed the digital signals in a 'Digital' Net Class to be able to ...
    (sci.electronics.cad)
  • Re: PCB Bypass Caps
    ... somewhere of a board with two ground planes, ... While going from an outside layer to the inside layer involves a large percentage of the current staying on the 240 pF/in^2 power/ground plane pair near that signal, a switch from top layer to bottom layer involves the total switch of return current between outside reference planes at *significantly* lower distributed capacitance. ... If there are no decoupling caps or ground-to-ground vias nearby there WILL BE crosstalk between nearby signals. ...
    (comp.arch.fpga)
  • Re: Altium Designer 6 multilayer routing problem
    ... I would be suspicious that the rule only allowing digital signals in the ... mid-layers is jamming up the autorouter. ... I have a 4 layer + 2 power plane mixed-signal PCB with SMD components ...
    (sci.electronics.cad)
  • Re: Can multiple Ferrite Beads be used to connect ...?
    ... Only one choke should be needed. ... pour and ground layer. ... If any of those signals are pristine analog signals, ... It looks like you have plenty of capacitors, but you need to make sure that the overall capacitance will stand up to your largest current step over the frequency range blocked by the choke. ...
    (comp.arch.fpga)
  • Re: PCB layer stackup
    ... The stackup does depend upon a number of things and there is no stackup that ... If your signals have rising edges faster than 200 ps then, for long runs, ... it is nice to be able to keep them on an inside layer because of dispersion. ... won't have much of a problem no matter where your routes are unless you are ...
    (sci.electronics.design)