Re: I need to write a command protocol divided in 3 layers

billy wrote:
Hello

I need to write a command protocol divided in 3 layers. A data link layer, a network layer and an upper layer.

I'm programming this in C.

I would like some internet links that shows some examples of how to signal between the different layers.

I'm planning to have different state machines in the different layers. The state machines are called by an interrupt timer every 1ms.

They are going to send signals (reguests, indications and confirmation).

What is the best way to write the signaling?

Callbacks using function pointers and object handles.

  • Re: I need to write a command protocol divided in 3 layers
    ... I need to write a command protocol divided in 3 layers. ... A data link ... I'm planning to have different state machines in the different layers. ... They are going to send signals ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • I need to write a command protocol divided in 3 layers
    ... A data link layer, a network layer and an upper layer. ... I would like some internet links that shows some examples of how to signal between the different layers. ... I'm planning to have different state machines in the different layers. ... They are going to send signals ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: 10 layer stack for 1152 pin BGA routing (and decoupling)?
    ... Do you need to set specific impedance on any traces? ... read the arguments pro and con the significance of inter plane ... control on the outer layers with slightly wider traces. ... important on *all* layers to minimize routing of signals one above the ...
    (comp.arch.fpga)
  • Repost on 10 layer stack for 1152 pin BGA.
    ... After the religious wars betwen rickman and Symon on decoupling I'm ... GND plane ... I'll keep the gaps between layers 2 and 9 and the associated signal ... any power in where there are not IO signals. ...
    (comp.arch.fpga)
  • Re: Board layout for FPGA
    ... ground plane for determining the impedance. ... current has to also switch layers. ... highest frequency components of the signals, ...
    (comp.arch.fpga)