Re: Availability of 8751

Stefan Brröring wrote:
Scanman wrote:
I am trying to determine the availabilty of parts on an old design.

It uses 8751H, 8255 and 8254. All are DIP packages.

Can I still by these parts, or should I look for functional repalcements?

If I did go with a different Micro cont. which one would you use?

8751 shouldn´t be a problem. It can simply be replaced e.g. by AT89F51.

I think, 8255 could be a bigger problem...

We're still buying 8255A's in PLCC through
distribution.

  • Re: Availability of 8751
    ... All are DIP packages. ... Can I still by these parts, or should I look for functional repalcements? ... one "I" would use would be heavily dependent on the details of the ... Atmel 8051 processors are fairly close if firmware reuse ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: Availability of 8751
    ... Scanman wrote: ... All are DIP packages. ... Can I still by these parts, or should I look for functional repalcements? ... Stefan DF9BI ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: Availability of 8751
    ... Scanman wrote: ... All are DIP packages. ... Can I still by these parts, or should I look for functional repalcements? ... If it is a new design, new PCB and new packaging, how soon do you want this done? ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)