Re: Frequency sensor cct for a power line...

On Oct 1, 8:33 pm, Tim Wescott <t...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, 01 Oct 2009 03:19:57 -0500, chulanga wrote:
On Wed, 30 Sep 2009 17:28:40 -0500, chulanga wrote:

Hi guys,
I want to find a Frequency detecting cct or a chip for 300V power
line. It is to be measured small fluctuations around 50Hz Domestic
supply
line
frequency.
Hope there are people to help me.. :)

There are approximately one bazzilion different ways to do this. Even
when you throw out the 99.44% of them that are pointless, that still
leaves you with a bazzilion different good ways to solve this problem.

Tell us what you really need, and maybe someone can help. High
precision? Quick acquisition? Low cost? Easily understood? Uses no
processor resources? Minimizes external components through clever use
of

processor resources? Sensitive to fast variations of frequency?
Insensitive to short-term changes? What?

--
www.wescottdesign.com

Thanks for the reply ..
Ya,, followings are the specifications :- 1) sense 49.5Hz
2) Will be used in a 230V Electric power line 3) Quick response- within
abt 100mS.
4) low cost
5) It will be used in portable device 6) Simple
If you knw something similar to our requirements, pls be kind to
forword.. :)
Thanks..

I don't think you're going to find what you want, if for no other reason
than because it is both too easy and too hard. The too easy part is
actually figuring out the frequency of a sine wave; the too hard part is
going from your 220V line to a nice clean sine wave.

I don't understand why he would need a nice clean sine wave, other
than samplings more than 100Hz. But his accuracy and response
requirements would be difficult to achieve.

  • Re: Frequency sensor cct for a power line...
    ... I want to find a Frequency detecting cct or a chip for 300V power ... Will be used in a 230V Electric power line 3) Quick response- within ... going from your 220V line to a nice clean sine wave. ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: Design Suggestion Requested
    ... But the Ritec RAM 10000 does synthesize a sine wave. ... While the spec may say 50ohms that usually means you should not load it with anything less at high power levels to avoid blowing the final stage transistors. ... The scientist wants the frequency to be adjustable to between 200kHz and 500kHz in single cycle pulses that pulse at rate of between 50Hz and 100Hz. ... But with a typical output of a DSS being 0V to 5V, and assuming the pulse transformer is 80% efficient, and unity gain for the buffer amp, I would need 500A into the pulse transformer. ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: Simple Power Question
    ... The sine wave has amplitude 1 volt. ... the voltage specified is Vrms, which is Vp-p divided by 2*sqrt, the ... power calculations, which is what you are talking about here. ... integration by parts, but it is easier to just use the half-angle ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: Battery backup: problem with my APC?
    ... when there was a split-second power outage. ... Despite the fact that my battery shows all 5 lights lit, ... And it aint even the continuous/online UPSs that mostly do produce TRUE sine wave output. ... A square wave is just a sine wave with large harmonics. ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage)
  • Re: Simple Power Question
    ... The sine wave has amplitude 1 volt. ... the voltage specified is Vrms, which is Vp-p divided by 2*sqrt, the ... average power is stated just as in usual DC laws -- Vrms^2/R. ... integration by parts, but it is easier to just use the half-angle ...
    (sci.electronics.design)