Re: Frequency sensor cct for a power line...

On Oct 1, 8:33 pm, Tim Wescott <t...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, 01 Oct 2009 03:19:57 -0500, chulanga wrote:
On Wed, 30 Sep 2009 17:28:40 -0500, chulanga wrote:

Hi guys,
I want to find a Frequency detecting cct or a chip for 300V power
line. It is to be measured small fluctuations around 50Hz Domestic
supply
line
frequency.
Hope there are people to help me.. :)

There are approximately one bazzilion different ways to do this. Even
when you throw out the 99.44% of them that are pointless, that still
leaves you with a bazzilion different good ways to solve this problem.

Tell us what you really need, and maybe someone can help. High
precision? Quick acquisition? Low cost? Easily understood? Uses no
processor resources? Minimizes external components through clever use
of

processor resources? Sensitive to fast variations of frequency?
Insensitive to short-term changes? What?

--
www.wescottdesign.com

Thanks for the reply ..
Ya,, followings are the specifications :- 1) sense 49.5Hz
2) Will be used in a 230V Electric power line 3) Quick response- within
abt 100mS.
4) low cost
5) It will be used in portable device 6) Simple
If you knw something similar to our requirements, pls be kind to
forword.. :)
Thanks..

I don't think you're going to find what you want, if for no other reason
than because it is both too easy and too hard. The too easy part is
actually figuring out the frequency of a sine wave; the too hard part is
going from your 220V line to a nice clean sine wave.

I don't understand why he would need a nice clean sine wave, other
than samplings more than 100Hz. But his accuracy and response
requirements would be difficult to achieve.

.