Re: USB embedded host. need help

"dzone007" <josephdzn@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:zP2dnc7-4K02glrXnZ2dnUVZ_q2dnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am currently working on a embedded host for USB thumb drives using
starter kit. Unfortunately, the embedded host does not support USB
hubs. I
am planning to transfer files between multiple thumb drives. Can anyone
help me or give suggestions.

Get a copy of Jan Axelson's "USB Complete" and read that. Unless
Microchip have provided a reasonably full implementation of a USB host
you have a fair amount of work ahead of you: USB host driver, HUB
driver, MSC host side driver, SCSI driver, FAT/NTFS driver. A HUB
driver need not be particularly complicated but a full USB host is quite
a lot of work ...

Are you doing this commercially, if so consider one of the embedded host

Thanks for the reply.
I just got USB Complete. 1 more question. I am planning to utilize 4 usb
slots. However, PIC32 has only 1 USB slot. Can I just tap the 3 slots in
the bus? or their is better solution?

Is that not what the hub is for?

Designed for Microcontrollers. More than 7000 downloads per month.

Certified by TÜV as meeting the requirements for safety related systems