Re: USB embedded host. need help

"dzone007" <josephdzn@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:zP2dnc7-4K02glrXnZ2dnUVZ_q2dnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am currently working on a embedded host for USB thumb drives using
PIC32
starter kit. Unfortunately, the embedded host does not support USB
hubs. I
am planning to transfer files between multiple thumb drives. Can anyone
help me or give suggestions.

Get a copy of Jan Axelson's "USB Complete" and read that. Unless
Microchip have provided a reasonably full implementation of a USB host
you have a fair amount of work ahead of you: USB host driver, HUB
driver, MSC host side driver, SCSI driver, FAT/NTFS driver. A HUB
driver need not be particularly complicated but a full USB host is quite
a lot of work ...

Are you doing this commercially, if so consider one of the embedded host
implementations.

Andrew

Thanks for the reply.
I just got USB Complete. 1 more question. I am planning to utilize 4 usb
slots. However, PIC32 has only 1 USB slot. Can I just tap the 3 slots in
the bus? or their is better solution?

Is that not what the hub is for?

--
Regards,
Richard.

+ http://www.FreeRTOS.org
Designed for Microcontrollers. More than 7000 downloads per month.

+ http://www.SafeRTOS.com
Certified by TÜV as meeting the requirements for safety related systems

  • Re: ADM851X USB-LAN-Adapter driver
    ... If it's not the adapter, it's the USB host hardware. ... timing differences in when power is applied, etc. on Windows CE vs. desktop ... source (and ask for a CE5-compatible driver, for goodness sake!), turn on ...
  • usbcdc host driver in WinCE5.2 ??
    ... WindowsXP PC using the usbser.sys driver). ... hardware has a usb host port of course) and use the usbser.dll driver built ... Every time I see a forum post where someone wants to talk to their device ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsce.embedded)
  • Re: Axim x50 USB host support
    ... USB host support. ... > you're still going to need a compatible driver for it. ... My understanding is that PPC 2002 does not specify USB host ... Does anyone else make such an adapter? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsce.embedded.vc)
  • Re: 2.4.30 - USB serial problem
    ... > I finally got to the bottom of this problem (with Ian Abbotts help). ... > had the wrong usb host module loaded, ubci not usb_uhci (in fact it was ... write into two or more writes, and the ftdi_sio driver queues an URB for ... > What is the recommended way of transferring .config files between kernel ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • RE: access a HID device from WinCE
    ... USB host controller to a Dell Axim X50. ... month working with the vendor's driver engineer to get it working. ... > device and the DLL should then work more or less unchanged. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsce.embedded.vc)