Re: Req: Microcontroller Recommendation

Veekster wrote:
Hello my most esteemed colleagues,

I'm designing a sensor interface circuit that has gain and filtering
options that need to be set by latching a parallel set of bits. I
want to control this remotely with a serial interface of some type (to
reduce conductor count). I'm thinking I need a simple microcontroller
with a serial interface (usart?) to do this easily.

Additionally, a microcontroller with a sleep mode that shuts down the
clocks would enhance low noise measurement performance, so that's a
requirement. Ideally it would wake up on serial interface activity.

Would you geniuses care to recommend a simple microcontroller (or an
alternate approach) that would do the job?

The simple tinyAVR and PIC controllers seem to have too many
peripherals and are overkill, but maybe that's no big deal. We're
only building ~1000 of these.

You can't get any smaller than a Tiny AVR or a PIC.
Also consider the NXP LPC111x line. True 32-bit
registers and math can be useful, particularly if
you like assembly language.

In any case, take some time and pick the product
that will serve you for the long haul so that you
won't have to set up and learn a new toolchain next
time you need a little controller.

  • Re: Help Request: "Class Not Registered"
    ... appreciate that the 'basic rules' for how an ActiveX ... Control should behave with a client came from the orginal VB product, ... Interfaces and Interface Inheritance. ... some MFC one. ...
    (microsoft.public.vb.enterprise)
  • Re: Accessing value of a Variable in parent from custom control
    ... get some kind of information from the parent form in which the control ... If Form1 implements an interface, it means that you must provide the ... Implements iUsesMyControl ... Public Property FormString() As String Implements ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework)
  • Re: Accessing value of a Variable in parent from custom control
    ... problem is that the control is not awair of either the iUsesMycontrol ... get some kind of information from the parent form in which the control ... If Form1 implements an interface, it means that you must provide the ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework)
  • Re: Possible to pass strings back to ASP from ActriveX?
    ... afx_msg int AboutBox; ... helpstring("AxTemplateTest1 ActiveX Control module"), ... // Primary dispatch interface for CAxTemplateTest1Ctrl ... helpstring("Dispatch interface for AxTemplateTest1 Control")] ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsce.embedded)