Re: How to track questions and answers of a project

In article <38327683-a74a-4797-9933-9bb16ca8f342
@w17g2000yqh.googlegroups.com>, like2learn@xxxxxxx says...

I have to work with another developer at a remote office, still within
the same corporate network though. I would like to share questions and
answers about the project with him, so later we may have a knowledge
base or engineering wiki, but I don't want to copy/paste send/reply
the questions and answers with email, which is a waste of resource and
hard to trace.

I hope we both (and others in the team) refer to a same link, ask
question there and see all answers there. Only the team member can
read it, since some contents is IP related. One possible solution is
to setup a HTTP server, and we all log into this server, and leave our
questions and answers there. Is there any easier/better way or simple
tools around?

Thank you!

You may want to check with the IT folks at your company. There is a
rather nice infrastructure product called SharePoint that allows the
administration to setup "sites" that user groups have memberships in,
The local site admin for a "site" can configure pages of the site to
contain various types of content including files repositories and
discussion groups.

--

Michael Karas
Carousel Design Solutions

  • group policy
    ... I have a home network without a server and wanted to know if I could setup ... policies for user groups without active directory. ... when I setup the account but it would be much better and convienient to use ...
  • Outlook Express
    ... On setup you need to select HTTP server rather than POP3 ... or IMAP and it will then give you the option to select ... hotmail. ...
    (microsoft.public.internet.mail)
  • Re: About HTTP server!
    ... > I want to setup a http server using Apache 3! ... Just use CGI to setup a server ...
    (comp.lang.java.gui)
  • Re: Burlington, VT PHP Users Group
    ... I've setup a Google Group here: http://groups.google.com/group/Burlington-VT-PHP ... a directory of user groups world wide. ... Regards, ...
    (comp.lang.php)