Re: How to track questions and answers of a project

In article <38327683-a74a-4797-9933-9bb16ca8f342>, like2learn@xxxxxxx says...

I have to work with another developer at a remote office, still within
the same corporate network though. I would like to share questions and
answers about the project with him, so later we may have a knowledge
base or engineering wiki, but I don't want to copy/paste send/reply
the questions and answers with email, which is a waste of resource and
hard to trace.

I hope we both (and others in the team) refer to a same link, ask
question there and see all answers there. Only the team member can
read it, since some contents is IP related. One possible solution is
to setup a HTTP server, and we all log into this server, and leave our
questions and answers there. Is there any easier/better way or simple
tools around?

Thank you!

You may want to check with the IT folks at your company. There is a
rather nice infrastructure product called SharePoint that allows the
administration to setup "sites" that user groups have memberships in,
The local site admin for a "site" can configure pages of the site to
contain various types of content including files repositories and
discussion groups.

Michael Karas
Carousel Design Solutions

Relevant Pages

  • group policy
    ... I have a home network without a server and wanted to know if I could setup ... policies for user groups without active directory. ... when I setup the account but it would be much better and convienient to use ...
  • Outlook Express
    ... On setup you need to select HTTP server rather than POP3 ... or IMAP and it will then give you the option to select ... hotmail. ...
  • Re: About HTTP server!
    ... > I want to setup a http server using Apache 3! ... Just use CGI to setup a server ...
  • Re: Burlington, VT PHP Users Group
    ... I've setup a Google Group here: ... a directory of user groups world wide. ... Regards, ...