Re: Do you still use "RS232" or something else?

Oliver Betz schrieb:

I'm not sure that the recurring cost of 232 is significantly lower
than a small MCU implementing a USB stack. I have yet to add USB to a

For the MCU side, USB can be cheaper then EIA-232.

It depends - when talking about larger controllers (like ARMs, for
example), USB generally does not really add cost. But with a small MCS51
or AVR (cost 1 Euro), RS-232 is definitely cheaper, in any concern
(money, board space, power consumption, memory requirements, processing
power).

Tilmann
.