Re: Cables

On 2011-03-10, D Yuniskis <not.going.to.be@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Originally, I was concerned that the "printing" would come off
and thought of wrapping *tape* (poor man's laminate) over them.
But, it was obvious that this would lead to the same situation
that I had been trying to avoid...

Go low tech then - use small handwritten sticky labels and regular
clear heat shrink over them. Been doing that for years with labels
perhaps 15x25mm and never had any issues at all. You still have
the problem that you need to label before final assembly though.
Or, more exactly, _during_ final assembly - I find heatshrinking
before the connector is fitted squashes flat cables such as FCC68.
I wonder, does anyone make a clear self-amalgamating tape?

--
Andrew Smallshaw
andrews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx