Re: Cables

On 2011-03-10, D Yuniskis <not.going.to.be@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Originally, I was concerned that the "printing" would come off
and thought of wrapping *tape* (poor man's laminate) over them.
But, it was obvious that this would lead to the same situation
that I had been trying to avoid...

Go low tech then - use small handwritten sticky labels and regular
clear heat shrink over them. Been doing that for years with labels
perhaps 15x25mm and never had any issues at all. You still have
the problem that you need to label before final assembly though.
Or, more exactly, _during_ final assembly - I find heatshrinking
before the connector is fitted squashes flat cables such as FCC68.
I wonder, does anyone make a clear self-amalgamating tape?

--
Andrew Smallshaw
andrews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  • Re: TLMS Label Printing
    ... they had to clean all of the labels off the tapes. ... waiting two hours to make sure the tape was filed back. ... For IBM-MAIN subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions, ... send email to listserv@xxxxxxxxxxx with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO ...
    (bit.listserv.ibm-main)
  • Re: the IDpal labeler..Comments needed./
    ... Brady we use which uses special paper tape with clear ... with the ink smearing as you apply the tag on the wire. ... Real Programmers Do things like this. ... if you are a real programmer then sticky labels will be a no-no. ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: Xmas gifts
    ... field labels onto sheets of appropriately sized laser labels. ... clear waterproof tape - you should be able to get a 5cm wide by 30+m ... the laminating pouches would probably work out more than the Brother ...
    (uk.rec.gardening)
  • Re: More Jackassery from the Douglass County DA
    ... from jail; he's just not going to aid in his release from jail *and* ... can look at a HAWT TAPE to get their rocks off. ... poor, poor Genarlow. ... CONVICTED the kid knows what is on that tape. ...
    (rec.sport.football.college)
  • Re: Sawing laminate countertop to length
    ... I tape the laminate and turn the top upside down. ... saw over the front bullnose without changing the plane of the saw blade. ... across the kerf at the front bullnose to prevent the two sections of the ...
    (alt.home.repair)