Re: error detection rate with crc-16 CCITT

On Sun, 27 Mar 2011 17:36:45 -0700 (PDT), Shane williams
<shane.2471958@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

<snippety snip>
Regarding double transmissions, what do you mean by "encoding". We
could complement all bits in the second transmission I guess.

One approach that I've used in the past is to require an ack/nak for
each message sent. If the ack includes the CRC portion of the message
that's being acknowledged, then a simple match by the originator against
the CRC that it sent gives pretty good confidence that the receiver got
a correct message.

The returned CRC is, of course, part of the message body that the remote
unit sends which is in its turn used to build that message's CRC.

--
Rich Webb Norfolk, VA
.