Re: error detection rate with crc-16 CCITT

On Sun, 27 Mar 2011 17:36:45 -0700 (PDT), Shane williams
<shane.2471958@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

<snippety snip>
Regarding double transmissions, what do you mean by "encoding". We
could complement all bits in the second transmission I guess.

One approach that I've used in the past is to require an ack/nak for
each message sent. If the ack includes the CRC portion of the message
that's being acknowledged, then a simple match by the originator against
the CRC that it sent gives pretty good confidence that the receiver got
a correct message.

The returned CRC is, of course, part of the message body that the remote
unit sends which is in its turn used to build that message's CRC.

Rich Webb Norfolk, VA

Relevant Pages

  • Re: reverse engineering of a CRC-16 algorithm
    ... > register update for eight ticks. ... I'd note that it is "normal" to initialize a crc with all ones ... and it is normal to complement the final value (so you can append it to the ...
  • Re: Verifying CRCs
    ... | (Rob Warnock) wrote: ... | On why the CRC is setup to all ones, ... |> frame [thus improving its ability to detect lost runs of zeros ... | pre-initialization and final complement was not done. ...