Re: HTTP transfer errors

On Fri, 10 Jun 2011 10:20:50 -0700, D Yuniskis
<not.going.to.be@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

I should also download a more recent version of WinRAR as mine is from
~2000 (I've only had one client use this format previously so have not
had need to keep the tool up-to-date).

I don't know if that would help ... I haven't kept up with it.

The last really stable version I am aware of was 2.9something ...
which is way old. I stopped even trying to use WinRAR around 3.6x
because just about every version I tried from 3.0 to 3.6something had
serious bugs: everything from crashing to not being able to read older
versions' archives to not even reading same version archives.

7-zip handles about 30 archive formats (everything I care about and
more). Once I found it, I never looked back.

George

  • Re: Cox Communications drops Usenet
    ... It is part of the email client in the old Netscape. ... What format does it archive the email and usenet messages in? ... Perhaps a web search will find a tool to explode the archives? ...
    (rec.crafts.metalworking)
  • Re: Cox Communications drops Usenet
    ... What format does it archive the email and usenet messages in? ... Perhaps a web search will find a tool to explode the archives? ... Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking ... Working leather gloves from mcmaster ...
    (rec.crafts.metalworking)
  • Re: From the LuxAsm list.
    ... > therefore Luxasm uses the TIS 1.2 ELF format, which, to my knowledge, ... kind of _archive object code collection_ format I'm referring to...how they ... this actually is also an implicit "import" from the "librarian" ... dealing with multiple archives should be allowed ...
    (alt.lang.asm)
  • Re: cvs commit: src/usr.bin/tar Makefile bsdtar.1 bsdtar.c bsdtar.h bsdtar_platform.h matching.c rea
    ... the last official spec for tar. ... extensions even when not absolutely required. ... format won't use SUSv3 extensions just to store atime/ctime ... and some cpio archives. ...
    (freebsd-current)
  • Re: HTTP transfer errors
    ... ~2000 (I've only had one client use this format previously so have not ... I stopped even trying to use WinRAR around 3.6x ... versions' archives to not even reading same version archives. ... RAR was an oddball to me when a client "forced" me ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)