Re: HTTP transfer errors

On Fri, 10 Jun 2011 10:20:50 -0700, D Yuniskis
<not.going.to.be@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

I should also download a more recent version of WinRAR as mine is from
~2000 (I've only had one client use this format previously so have not
had need to keep the tool up-to-date).

I don't know if that would help ... I haven't kept up with it.

The last really stable version I am aware of was 2.9something ...
which is way old. I stopped even trying to use WinRAR around 3.6x
because just about every version I tried from 3.0 to 3.6something had
serious bugs: everything from crashing to not being able to read older
versions' archives to not even reading same version archives.

7-zip handles about 30 archive formats (everything I care about and
more). Once I found it, I never looked back.

George
.