Re: LCD/touch panels

Hi Rich,

On 6/30/2011 6:19 AM, Rich Webb wrote:
On Thu, 30 Jun 2011 06:02:28 -0700, Don Y<nowhere@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

I need some QVGA or better, backlit (preferably LED), color,
full graphic, (have I omitted any adjectives?) LCD touchpanels
in small quantities (like a dozen). I'm currently using some
10" panels but they are just too damn big.

Ideally, I'm looking for ~5" diag, 4:3 aspect ratio.

A little smaller than you're looking for, but Sparkfun has a 4.3" 24-bit
backlit color LCD display at 480 x 272 pixels and a separately available
4.3" touchscreen overlay.

Yes, but this is the wrong aspect ratio. Too "short" by about
an inch. I've been picking up random bits of consumer kit to
ascertain what size/shape displays they use. Most of the
game consoles are either too short (aspect ratio) or too *small*
(overall).

The same applies to cell phones.

And, tablets seem to have adopted the widescreen format.

Disclaimer: I haven't used either of these, so read the associated
comments and also check over at Sparkfun's forum for hints and notes.

BTW, DX has similar units for half the price...
.