Re: Micro with USB Host.

On Sun, 10 Jul 2011 19:43:53 -0400, Roberto Waltman <usenet@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Need to select a small micro with USB host functionality, to add mouse
and keyboard interfaces to a project conceived before USB was
invented.
An I2C or serial interface to the main controller would be enough for
the initial application. Would like to have CAN for future changes,
but not a must.
Quantities are <= 10. This is a hobby project.

Candidates found so far:
* Maxim MAX3421E (dedicated peripheral)
* Luminary Micro LM3S5652 family (ARM Cortex-M3)
* NXP LPC1768 family (ARM Cortex-M3)

I never used any of them, looking for pros/cons from anyone that did.

Thanks,

Microchip PIC24FJ64GB004 (even availabe in DIP!)
Vinculum VNC2L

Bear in mind that many USB mice and keyboards also support PS/2