Re: Micro with USB Host.

On Sun, 10 Jul 2011 19:43:53 -0400, Roberto Waltman <usenet@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Need to select a small micro with USB host functionality, to add mouse
and keyboard interfaces to a project conceived before USB was
invented.
An I2C or serial interface to the main controller would be enough for
the initial application. Would like to have CAN for future changes,
but not a must.
Quantities are <= 10. This is a hobby project.

Candidates found so far:
* Maxim MAX3421E (dedicated peripheral)
* Luminary Micro LM3S5652 family (ARM Cortex-M3)
* NXP LPC1768 family (ARM Cortex-M3)

I never used any of them, looking for pros/cons from anyone that did.

Thanks,

Microchip PIC24FJ64GB004 (even availabe in DIP!)
Vinculum VNC2L

Bear in mind that many USB mice and keyboards also support PS/2

  • Re: Micro with USB Host.
    ... Roberto Waltman writes: ... and keyboard interfaces to a project conceived before USB was ... The 3MK is new so it's still dribbling into the hobby supply channels. ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: Micro with USB Host.
    ... Need to select a small micro with USB host functionality, ... and keyboard interfaces to a project conceived before USB was ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: Micro with USB Host.
    ... and keyboard interfaces to a project conceived before USB was ... Are their any FREE compilers and inexpensive programmers for the R8* family of chips ?? ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: Wikileaks, secondary effects
    ... them by walking past lax security. ... an available USB port is a potential point of compromise. ... My new phone will take a 32G micro SD card and connects via a standard ... tell the BIOS to boot off a USB port and then boot it with Linux. ...
    (sci.military.naval)
  • Re: USB Interface to Virtex-4
    ... You don't think it's silly to have a 10 million gate FPGA ... applications, USB protocol analyzers, ... ... 8-bit micro, a little bit of memory, and some relatively simple fifo ... should contain the micro, firmware, and the interface to the CPU. ...
    (comp.arch.fpga)