Re: Insert version information into a boot stream
- From: Rob Gaddi <rgaddi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 11:02:11 -0700
On 8/19/2011 10:49 AM, Don Y wrote:
On 8/19/2011 8:14 AM, Vladimir Vassilevsky wrote:
There is a system with ADI BlackFin DSP which boots up from SPI flash.
The flash contains the standard ADI boot stream.
I would like to insert hw/sw version number, build number, release date
and some other information into the flash. This information should be
accessible to a program running on Blackfin. Also, the flash programming
tools should be able to read this information from the flash hex file.
Is there a way to configure the VDSP toolset so this data would be
inserted automatically from a C source to a predefined location in the
Instead of requiring a "predefined location" (admittedly, easier to
*find*), could you wrap the information with a unique signature
such that anything else is unlikely to be (erroneously) recognized
as having that signature IN THAT REGION OF MEMORY?
E.g., add to the flash image:
"Copyright 08192011 Vladimir Vassilevsky, Build 12.3.4, v9A03"
(assuming this *context* is unlikely to randomly appear elsewhere
in your code image :> )
Surprisingly, on the Blackfin, that actually disassembles to code that erases the entire flash and then sets the chip on fire.
Rob Gaddi, Highland Technology
Email address is currently out of order
- Prev by Date: Re: Insert version information into a boot stream
- Next by Date: Re: Insert version information into a boot stream
- Previous by thread: Re: Insert version information into a boot stream
- Next by thread: Re: Insert version information into a boot stream