Re: Small hammer-like actuator ideas

On 08/29/11 06:21, Don Y wrote:
On 8/27/2011 12:06 PM, Robert Wessel wrote:
For flat bar, brass and copper are readily available too. Things like
That's an idea. It seems like bar stock is cheaper that pipe.

Bar won't oscillate in the same modes as a tube. It might be pleasant,
but it won't be a similar sound. FWIW, glockenspiel's and xylophones
use bars, they sound quite unlike tubular bells.

  • Re: Measurement of pitch
    ... |> | measurement of the frequency of a sound wave, ... the incense burner with his own pulse. ... So even though an organ pipe had a low pitch if it was a long ... have the train pass at different speeds. ...
    (sci.physics)
  • Re: A pipe line and pressure change
    ... pipeline, containing water, how long would it take for the pressure ... would be the speed of sound. ... notice no one asked how large in diameter the pipe is. ... If we eliminate the pipe, and create a ping in open water, the speed ...
    (sci.physics)
  • Re: detecting white noise... shower running?
    ... that determination could be made by sound? ... attached to the pipe feeding the shower head would give a better SNR, ... an automotive mechanic's stethoscope on a kitchen water pipe, ...
    (comp.dsp)
  • Re: Sound Insulation
    ... the volume of splashing sounds I got coming down the main drain pipe. ... I'd like to take some measures to dampen the sound from the pipe. ... On another, similar note, I have a finished wall upstairs on which the ... Insulation or baffling can control this. ...
    (alt.home.repair)
  • Re: Washington State OHRV Noise Study
    ... Bought my self and FMF Q pipe to get to the 96 limit, price on the FMF site ... Manufactures have dropped the sound output of their bikes noticably (4 ... The real problem is that 96dB is f**kin' LOUD. ...
    (rec.motorcycles.dirt)