Re: Small volume microvia PCBs

On 03/10/2011 17:20, Tim Wescott wrote:
On Mon, 03 Oct 2011 09:31:16 +0100, Tim wrote:

Laser drilled Microvia fab is widely available from volume PCB houses.

But does anyone have a prototype recommendation for a microvia PCB?

Does .008" count as a micro via? If so, check out PCBExpress -- the hole
has to be through all layers, and is restricted to no less than .008", so
it may not count -- but maybe that's good enough?

(I dunno what counts as a micro via -- I'm still in the stone age for PCB
manufacture)

A typical microvia could be a 0.1mm (4 thou) hole in a 0.25mm (10 thou) land. This transforms the problem of escaping a BGA into something quite straightforward.
.