Re: self referencing UML

Responding to Nsajus...

Is there way to draw a self referencing object in UML?

For eg: - I have an automated answering system. There are parent
messages and Child messages for each message.

How can I represent this in UML?

It depends one where you are. In a class model relationships define static structure and not participants so a reflexive relationship (i.e., connecting the entity to itself) is not sufficient for what you want. In an Object Diagram, though, one identifies specific objects so a reflexive relationship does express what you want. In an Interaction Diagram one can identify specific objects in swimlanes and a reflexive message is legal.

*************
There is nothing wrong with me that could
not be cured by a capful of Drano.

H. S. Lahman
hsl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Pathfinder Solutions
http://www.pathfindermda.com
blog: http://pathfinderpeople.blogs.com/hslahman
"Model-Based Translation: The Next Step in Agile Development". Email
info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx for your copy.
Pathfinder is hiring: http://www.pathfindermda.com/about_us/careers_pos3.php.
(888)OOA-PATH

.