Re: A mathematical proof of encapsulation, part I

(I apologize if this is a duplicate post. Server burped on me.)

On Nov 4, 2:44 am, S Perryman <q...@xxxxx> wrote:
topmind wrote:
("Encapsulation" is kind of ambiguous anyhow. Some
emphasize a gate-keeper kind of locking doodad, while
others emphasize packaging of related items together
in code-space.)

No it isn't.
Encapsulation is about defining units of organisation/reference.

"Units of organization" is kind of vague.

Information hiding (and its sibling, accessibility) is an orthogonal
concept (although encapsulation is a key facilitator for them) .

As is the notion of "related items" (the term used is *cohesion* ) .

"Cohesion" appears to also have been overloaded in the industry.

Regards,
Steven Perryman

-T-

.