Re: Is open sourcing a good idea?

From: Thom Kevin Gillespie (thom_at_steel.ucs.indiana.edu)
Date: 11/03/03

Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 03:57:29 +0000 (UTC)

In alt.games.programming William <Reply@NewsGroup.Please> wrote:
> "Thom Kevin Gillespie" <thom@steel.ucs.indiana.edu> wrote in message
> [...]
>> connections to Al Qaeda, 911 or weapons of mass destruction unless you
>> count the 39,000 bombs we dropped on Iraq, particularly the ones with
>> depleted uranium, half life of centuries, radition level in Baghdad over
>> 1000 times normal.

> DU's not used in bombs, it's used as a penetrator in certain types of
> anti-armor ammunition and the half-life is measured in billions of years,
> not centuries. (Which means it's not very radioactive at all; unfortunately,
> there are trace elements in it which can be, and the metal itself isn't all
> that nice to ingest/inhale.)

Absolutely not true. Try reading:

Depleted Uranium: A Post-War Disaster For Environment And Health
http://informationclearinghouse.info/article4406.htm

Death By Slow Burn How America Nukes Its Own Troops
http://informationclearinghouse.info/article4074.htm

--Thom

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Chicago Conference On Truth vs. Terror
    ... Depleted Uranium for Iraq and Afghanistan ... US Won't Compensate Vietnam's Agent Orange Victims: ... was warned before the war that its Iraq claims were weak. ... Depleted Uranium for Iraq and Afghanistan ...
    (rec.games.go)
  • The U.S. radiates civilians and soldiers with depleted uranium
    ... the U.S. military placed an order for $38 million in depleted uranium ... first Gulf War led to a significant increase in the levels of childhood ... leukaemia and birth defects in Iraq. ... researchers recorded radioactivity levels 20 ...
    (sci.geo.geology)
  • The U.S. radiates civilians and soldiers with depleted uranium
    ... the U.S. military placed an order for $38 million in depleted uranium ... first Gulf War led to a significant increase in the levels of childhood ... leukaemia and birth defects in Iraq. ... researchers recorded radioactivity levels 20 ...
    (uk.politics.environment)
  • Have DU Will Travel (Lone Star Iconoclast)
    ... When The Iconoclast learned of a study conducted by Chris Busby and Saoirse ... Morgan that suggests that depleted uranium radiation had traveled from Iraq to ...
    (sci.geo.geology)