scrolling

From: Pele (pele_at_kotnet.org)
Date: 11/19/03

Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 17:37:42 +0100

Hello,

I want to go through an entire listbox - using the winapi - by scrolling one
line down at the time. However, the box or scroll seems to get stuck each
time after item 44. Does anyone have an idea what might cause this? This is
my code::

   for(int i=1;i<97016;i++)
   {
        cout << i << "\n";
        HWND index = GetWindowNumber(tophandle,2000); // own method to find
right handle
        long lParam = MAKELPARAM(SB_LINEDOWN,NULL);
        SendMessage(index,WM_VSCROLL,lParam,NULL);
        Sleep(2000); // not really necessary, but easier to overlook this
way
   }

Thanks,

Joris

Relevant Pages

  • Re: wpf listbox synchronize scollbars?
    ... Given two listboxes side by side on a wpf form ... I don't think ListBox gives you direct access to the scrollbar. ... With the Panel, you do get access to the scrolling information, and so ...
  • Re: List Box Scroll Problem
    ... Access Code, Tips and Tricks ... Please respond only to the newsgroups so everyone can benefit. ... >>> scrolling properly after switching between Form View and Design ... >> number of lines in the listbox. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.formscoding)
  • Re: wpf listbox synchronize scollbars?
    ... One possible approach (besides reimplementing ListBox and including that feature) would be to use a Panel with AutoScroll enabled as the container for each ListBox, and resize the ListBox as items are added so that the ListBox itself doesn't actually have scrollbars. ... With the Panel, you do get access to the scrolling information, and so when it changes in one, you can just set the other to be identical. ... here's a good example of my comments in the other thread with respect to Forms versus WPF. ...
  • Re: Combo box Horizontal Scroll
    ... I love scrolling ... Because the descriptive items in a listbox are long? ... It means this person is trying to make the program easy for the ... > If he had many ITEMS in a list, I can see that being a design problem. ...
  • ListBox Questions
    ... I have an unbound ListBox on a VBA form with enough items that vertical ... I populate the ListBox in my VBA code and select one of the entries. ... like if I disable or lock the control, then scrolling is disabled along with ... selection. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)