DirectShow (DirectX) question

From: ET (cs_cwkaa_at_stu.ust.hk)
Date: 12/14/03

Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 03:42:22 +0800

Hi, I am exploring the use of DirectShow (from DirectX 9.0 SDK)
Here is a task I want to perform:
Step 1: Connect to my web cam
Step 2: When I hit a button in the GUI or press a key, a function
(self-written) is called which takes the current view from the cam and
stores the data in memory (NOT in a file) for further processing

I achieved Step 1, but I don't know how to write the function in Step 2.
Please help me to find out if you are interested. Thanks

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Is directshow support both incoming and outgoing - or is it ju
    ... one or more Web Cam viewing form there Web Cam. ... Does DirectShow work with C# ... DirectShow or would one need to look at other layers within Microsoft to get ... to of course develop at the highest layer posable and get the job done. ...
  • Re: Is directshow support both incoming and outgoing - or is it just !
    ... about directshow is it just incoming video - like incoming video a player ... thing in my case a WEB CAM or is it support both Incomeing and Outgoing ... Capturing is supported out of the box in DirectShow, ...
  • Re: Webcam & createfile
    ... Finds a web cam connected to the USB ... Search for DirectShow on MSDN (now part ... of the Platform SDK). ... check out my site for links to useful dshow sites. ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.mfc)
  • Re: Why do we use different files for C ?
    ... webcam in the SDK as I recall. ... means to use a webcam in my own apps. ... Due to the __extremly__ low quality of the SDK documentation, ... DirectShow really has amazing low latencies. ...
    (alt.lang.asm)
  • Re: Create ASF File Using XVID Codecs
    ... I started out using DirectShow and I have a lot of respect for the ... Format 9.5 SDK. ... The Format SDK is not an easy beast to master (at least I did not think ... >> XviD can be stored in ASF for DivX playback by the Windows Media ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.sdk)