New years resolutions for 2004.
Date: 04 Jan 2004 00:21:24 GMT
0. Learn a new language, one that works differently from C. (Maybe lisp,
prolog or ada.)
1. Learn to ride a motorbike and get the license.
2. Finish developing "pot". (A programming language I'm designing.)
3. Tidy up the website a bit. Ask Thia if necessary.
4. All this web stuff is all very interesting, but remember you will not
make a living from it.
5. Use the bug tracking database. Don't be embarrased.
6. Remember why you are worth ten times more than the average programmer in
7. Be more sociable with collegues and programmer friends.
8. Slashdot is not a good news source.
9. Get more exercise.
Bill, 45% on topic.
(Oh please follow-up.)
- Re: Python or PHP?
... > every language here and there more ways to do something. ... The best the programmer can do, as you imply, is to ... parse out into proper perl expressions. ... > lists, dictionaries, etc. etc. ...
- Re: Python or PHP?
... >> every language here and there more ways to do something. ... The best the programmer can do, as you imply, is to ... I am curious of a list of extraneous methods in Perl (more about the ... I just had a glance on Python, ...
- Re: The War On HLA
... Take a look at the HLA compile-time language. ... Macros can be abused just like any other language feature. ... I find it amusing, however, that HLL programmers (e.g., Delphi, ... > feature is left to the programmer to invent his own uses for. ...
- Re: functions as objects
... many explicit casts. ... clearly the programmer shall *explicitly* resolve the issue. ... the server end is currently itself written mostly in C, but there was some intention of moving more of it over to script code (hell, theoretically I made the script language for *some* reason...). ... You could say that int inherit "=" from long, ...
- Re: A COBOL conundrum
... want to tell any programmer they can't use a legal COBOL verb. ... Use ALTER and you're fired. ... construct in the language, anything that can be accomplished with ALTER ... BANNED because professionals could handle it competently. ...