Re: AVL tree (What am I missing?)

From: Richard Heathfield (dontmail_at_address.co.uk.invalid)
Date: 01/15/04

Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 05:15:42 +0000 (UTC)

Lyn Powell wrote:

> I've been trying for hours to figure out this algorithm. I copied it
> exactly out of The Art of Computer Programming volume 3. It just won't
> work, and I can't find anything in my books or online that gives me a hint
> as to what the problem is.

Have you checked out Ben Pfaff's book on AVL trees, which you can get at
http://www.adtinfo.org ?

> Am I missing something so obvious I can't see it?

Dunno. I'll have a look at your other article, where you submitted complete
code, and see if I can find a problem there. If so, I'll give a reply
there.

--
Richard Heathfield : binary@eton.powernet.co.uk

  • Re: Towards a Formula for Primes
    ... Niven has written a couple of good books ... on irrationality. ... I was reading "The Art of Computer Programming" by ...
    (sci.math)
  • Re: A Series, A Series... I Need a new Series
    ... Art thefts and robberies rate ... historicals from New York to London tend ... I have several very carefully chosen recommendations: ... His books have to do with art collecting and theft and are ...
    (rec.arts.mystery)
  • Re: Embroidering & Embellishing
    ... buy those books when they are reduced. ... different possibilities of combining colors and materials. ... art` opinions As to what ART really is. ... bought a lovely lightweight wool shawl dyed in ombre shades of red ...
    (rec.crafts.textiles.needlework)
  • Re: A Series, A Series... I Need a new Series
    ... those who deal with culture. ... His books have to do with art collecting and theft and are ...
    (rec.arts.mystery)
  • Re: Embroidering & Embellishing
    ... buy those books when they are reduced. ... It's wonderful to see the many art & craft books now ... NY.....lots of street vendors who set up shop in alleys and any ... slippers....I like to buy beaded bags now and then sometimes I use ...
    (rec.crafts.textiles.needlework)