Re: AVL tree (What am I missing?)

From: Richard Heathfield (dontmail_at_address.co.uk.invalid)
Date: 01/15/04

Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 05:15:42 +0000 (UTC)

Lyn Powell wrote:

> I've been trying for hours to figure out this algorithm. I copied it
> exactly out of The Art of Computer Programming volume 3. It just won't
> work, and I can't find anything in my books or online that gives me a hint
> as to what the problem is.

Have you checked out Ben Pfaff's book on AVL trees, which you can get at
http://www.adtinfo.org ?

> Am I missing something so obvious I can't see it?

Dunno. I'll have a look at your other article, where you submitted complete
code, and see if I can find a problem there. If so, I'll give a reply
there.

--
Richard Heathfield : binary@eton.powernet.co.uk

  • Re: Towards a Formula for Primes
    ... Niven has written a couple of good books ... on irrationality. ... I was reading "The Art of Computer Programming" by ...
    (sci.math)
  • Re: Embroidering & Embellishing
    ... buy those books when they are reduced. ... different possibilities of combining colors and materials. ... art` opinions As to what ART really is. ... bought a lovely lightweight wool shawl dyed in ombre shades of red ...
    (rec.crafts.textiles.needlework)
  • Re: A Series, A Series... I Need a new Series
    ... Art thefts and robberies rate ... historicals from New York to London tend ... I have several very carefully chosen recommendations: ... His books have to do with art collecting and theft and are ...
    (rec.arts.mystery)
  • Re: A Series, A Series... I Need a new Series
    ... those who deal with culture. ... His books have to do with art collecting and theft and are ...
    (rec.arts.mystery)
  • Re: The Strange Case of the Roman Numerals
    ... I admit that I have only rather old books, ... going on with the tools that the composers had to work with. ... stimulated or otherwise have artistic experiences with music then you ... with you will determine what your level of art will be as well as who ...
    (rec.music.theory)