Re: AVL tree (What am I missing?)

From: Richard Heathfield (dontmail_at_address.co.uk.invalid)
Date: 01/15/04

Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 05:15:42 +0000 (UTC)

Lyn Powell wrote:

> I've been trying for hours to figure out this algorithm. I copied it
> exactly out of The Art of Computer Programming volume 3. It just won't
> work, and I can't find anything in my books or online that gives me a hint
> as to what the problem is.

Have you checked out Ben Pfaff's book on AVL trees, which you can get at
http://www.adtinfo.org ?

> Am I missing something so obvious I can't see it?

Dunno. I'll have a look at your other article, where you submitted complete
code, and see if I can find a problem there. If so, I'll give a reply
there.

--
Richard Heathfield : binary@eton.powernet.co.uk