gui for c++ code

From: Jason (jason.carney1_at_btinternet.com)
Date: 01/17/04

Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 01:03:10 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,

I've written a program in c++ using mingw compiler. I have been playing
around with some gui toolkits and I would like to avoid programming the gui
in this way if possible. I've done this in java and it was much easier than
what ive seen so far! I don't have borland or any other appropriate RAD
tools for c++ as I have been using free development tools.

Anyway, is it possible to put this code into a dll and use visual basic 6 to
draw the user interface to create objects/call functions from etc. I've
never created a dll so any info on this would be appreciated. Any other
quick and easy ways to produce a simple UI with a few graphics for this code
that I dont have to pay for? I'm interested in the idea of using code from
different programming languages because I have never done that before.

Thanks for any comments, criticism or advice.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: ps to display cpu per thread basis
    ... GUI toolkits), the hard problem is to avoid deadlocks. ... a SF author who wrote novels set in a 'future universe' ... thing named 'procedural programming' (that is 'programming using ... integrating of integrals of integrated integrations? ...
    (comp.unix.programmer)
  • Re: .Net packaging/wrapper application?
    ... the simple answer to DLL Hell for Visual Basic apps was simply to place a copy of the needed DLLs in the same directory as your executable. ... The way Windows works is to look in the executable's directory for a needed DLL BEFORE using the registry to find one EVEN IF THE REFERENCED DLL IS REGISTERED ON THE PC RUNNING THE APPLICATION THAT NEED IT. ... Perhaps I'm getting old and but what really bothers me is nobody seems to notice this--maybe the 80s was before they got into programming. ... Looks to me like Jim is looking for the .NET equivalent of compiling with static libraries to produce a single executable. ...
  • Re: Visual Basic.net
    ... As i've said, welcome to Lego programming. ... > at the cost of adding overhead. ... For example my error trapping tends to be - trap, ... > make sure it's not the DLL that will crash, but rather, if possible, ...
    (comp.lang.basic.visual.misc)
  • Re: newbie question - how to enumerate font
    ... I've started programming vb.net for 1 month.... ... you tell .NET the name and information of the DLL function ... The problem is that EnumFontFamilies ... requires that you give it a "callback" function. ...
  • Re: newbie question - how to enumerate font
    ... I've started programming vb.net for 1 month.... ... you tell .NET the name and information of the DLL function ... EnumFontFamilies function. ... requires that you give it a "callback" function. ...