What is next wave in pgm language?

From: RBH (rb_hughes_at_sbcglobal.net)
Date: 01/29/04

Date: 29 Jan 2004 10:31:11 -0800

Comrades,

We each, no doubt, have our favorite language(s) which we wish all
would wake up and embrace. The power, or ease, or scalability, or
logic of it has captured us and we don't understand why others are not
likewise taken.

Altruism aside, I must ask a hard question -

What language, in your opinion, has arisen or is rising, that will
stay on the scene? If you'd like, give the "whatever" necessary that
it possesses to stay on the scene for a long time.

Don't leave out a languague you may not like, but are nonetheless
convinced it will be around. Some live on because of monetary
reasons, or the idiot VP of IS gets a slick presentation at their
ignorant-decision-maker's conference.

No ranting. Please refrain from long answers, or railings on other
answers.

Give the language name, followed by 25 words or less of your reason.

Example: "core Java - scalable, portable across many platforms,
recent releases provide ..... blah etc."

Why am I asking this? We may have work now but tomorrow is a new day.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Oreilly subjugated to the Lisp juggenaut (well, almost ;-)
    ... > advantage in the Lisp machines, which died for a lot of reasons ... > unrelated to the scalability of the languages; a careful reading of ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: Diamondback more productive than VS.NET?
    ... > did address the issue of scalability with respect to type-safety. ... Ada would be the best language. ... Delphi programming: http://www.borland.com/delphi_net/ ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • Re: HTML/OS... how useful?
    ... Low entry level, readable code, excellent scalability to large projects. ... The only language you'll ever need. ... Richard Watson ... "Mail delay is sometimes happened. ...
    (uk.net.web.authoring)
  • Re: C# or VB.net?
    ... scalability. ... Experienced devs can write code in either language that will ... copy an array using unsafe code), then it all still links and works ... >When considering a complex Commerce Server clustered environment with over ...