call php script from java applet

From: muiry (badlydrawnmuiry_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 02/23/04

Date: 23 Feb 2004 09:01:09 -0800

Im looking to call a simple php script that writes to a file on a
server from a java applet.

I have got the php script working fine on its own but have not been
able to call it from the java applet.

Any ideas how to do this?

Thanks

Relevant Pages

  • Re: write with cURL
    ... potential security risks from other users on the same server. ... as the global web server user and thus needs world write permissions ... Hence, any PHP script ran on another account, has the ... Correct, not the same as global write, just the same Apache group write. ...
    (alt.php)
  • what permissions are needed to let a php script call the "svn update" subversion command?
    ... If I log into my server as root, I can easily run this line: ... Just to be very, very clear, I mean the PHP script runs but shell_exec ... to commit their work to Subversion. ... Unfuddle instead of Springloops, ...
    (comp.unix.programmer)
  • Re: email activating a web page impossible?
    ... >Is it possible to somehow activate a page containing a php script by sending ... what you're allowed to do on the server than with PHP. ... put an alias that pipes into a program into the system alias file ... to insert into a command; this can open huge security holes. ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: How to create web page with spreadsheet like functionality?
    ... If you don't want to refresh the page or send any data to the server, ... you're pretty much stuck with Javascript, a Java applet, Flash, ActiveX, ... barebones Firefox install"? ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • file transfer from server to client
    ... I'm trying to write a little php script to transfert some ... files from a server to clients. ... fwrite($fd, "connection aborted\n"); ... the transfer is closed before the end and the wget command ...
    (comp.lang.php)