PHP, automatically fill forms

From: paul b (bisibis_at_pt.lu)
Date: 02/25/04

Date: 25 Feb 2004 02:35:17 -0800

Hello,
I have a small problem in PHP an perhaps someone can help me:

I have a simple HTML login page with a username and a password field,
as well as a submit button, which I have to use for login(I cannot
simply replace it by a php-page :-().

is it possible to call this page via a hyperlink from a php-script and
to directly fill the username and password fields as well to raise the
event of clicking the submit button.
Goal is that I when click the hyperlink on the php-script, the
HTML-login form is automatically filled and the login is done
automatically without having to click on the submit-button.

Is this possible?

Thanx in advance
cb