Re: GUI programming.

From: Joec (joec_at_annuna.com)
Date: 05/09/04

Date: Sun, 09 May 2004 16:21:49 GMT

Corey Murtagh wrote:

> Joec wrote:
>
>> I have some experience programming. I have worked with PERL and C++.
>> I am getting to be a decent programmer and I would like to start
>> writing that use GUIs. I have worked with PERL TK but I would rather
>> program in C++. Where is a good start for writing C++ programs that
>> use GUI. I have Borland Builder but I need some good refence material
>> to use it.
>

> Builder's GUI libraries are based on Delphi, so they're not conventional
> C++ code. However like Delphi you can create simple GUI interfaces with
> Builder without writing too much supporting code for the GUI itself,
> which leaves you more time to write the actual working code.
>
> Best thing to do is play around. Create a new VCL app, drop some
> controls on the form and see what happens. Check the help for
> information on specifics, or ask in the various Borland newsgroups
> (check out www.borland.com for info on those groups).

I have done that some and I find it very confusing. I saw GUI for C++
using qt. Any opinion on this.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Reveal Codes
    ... it appears that it is not the printable area that is shrinking but the print area; are you sure you're printing with "No scaling"? ... I've experimented a fair bit with this, and whatever settings I adopt in my PDF reader the printable area *does* shrink. ... Part of that, I'm sure, was that Word was the first Windows word processor I used, and the GUI made everything easier; WP was slow to move to a GUI and made a hash of it at first... ... I suspect that how well you take to either program depends at least slightly on what type of writing you do and how you do it. ...
    (microsoft.public.word.newusers)
  • Re: KVM usability
    ... Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo wrote: frequently if it had some GUI? ... No, we aren't writing this tool only for kernel developers exclusively, ... routines not much coupled with ncurses, ... ncurses is certainly much easier to experiment with and will likely provide useful experience. ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: BPIs: The Simplest GUIs
    ... by writing GUI programs as simple servers communicating with the ... I used a java-based local web server GUI ... A Windows HTML applications. ...
    (comp.programming)
  • Re: BPIs: The Simplest GUIs
    ... size of such GUI programs, using GUI libraries or toolkits such as GTK2+; ... One method of simplifying the writing of GUI programs is to write and use ... then for each specific program the writing of the core program as a server ... immensely-configurable GUI features afforded by HTML/xhtml, text, fonts, ...